- May 14, 2020
- 0 Comment(s)
Invigorate and Fortify Your Mornings with this homemade drink!
Try this warm mixture each morning to start your day feeling nourished and revitalized!
- mug of warm water
- juice of one whole lemon
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 4 thin slices of fresh tumeric (peeled)
- 1 tsp. Manuka Honey
Why is this a healthy, daily tweak?
- Lemon juice has stong anitbacterial and antiviral medicinal properties . It is loaded with vitamin C and potassium and is a detoxifying flush to your liver. The juice of this vibrant yellow fruit also helps to neutralize and balance your PH level while also increasing your metabolic rate and decreasing bloating.
- Ginger contains a bioactive compound called gingerol which also has powerful medicinal properties. It aids in digestion and is helpful in soothing nausea. In addition ginger contains anti diabetic properties and helps soothe exercise induced muscle pain.
- Tumeric has been used in India for thousands of years as both a spice and medicinal herb. It contains a potent active ingredient that is anti -inflammatory and also works as an antioxidant to neutralize free radicals. A dose of anti-inflammatory tumeric in the morning is beneficial because it helps reduce chronic low level inflammation which is a known cause of almost all chronic western disease. It also has been shown to increase levels of BDNF (brain derived neurotrophic factor) growth hormone in the brain. Depression has been linked to a decrease of BDNF in the brain and therefore tumeric may help reduce depression.
- Manuka Honey - This antibacterial honey is made by bees in Australia and New Zealand that pollinate in the Manuka bush. It adds a slight sweet taste to you drink while fighting harmful bacteria.